Hotel – Bar – Tobacconist – Newsagent – Lottery – Post Office - Bread
The hotel before WWII
Back view, the hotel only had one floor.
The proximity of the Air Base that was occupied by the German army played a major role for the village of Boulay les Barres which was bombed several times.
The most important bombing by the American army took place on February, 5, 1944. The village was almost totally destroyed, including the Tout va bien.
After this event, the Tout va bien – owned by Madeleine Rousseau – was temporarily located in the post office premises until it was rebuilt.
It then changed its name in “chez Jacko” after the name of Mrs Rouseau’s son.
It was destroyed by a time bomb in 1944.
Picture 2 : the church in the 1950s.
A second floor was added when it was rebuilt.
You can notice the war memorial left of the tree in the foreground.
The hotel today
New owners in 1998 who called it « Le Central » until it closed down in 2001.
Bought in 2002 by the current owners, Mr and Mrs Marseille, it was named “Le Tout Va Bien” in reference to the bar owned by Mr Marseille’s father, Edmond, in Agadir, Marocco, between 1963 and 1965.
The post office service was added in 2002 after the village post office closure.
The hotel service was re-opened in 2005 after the total refurbishing of the first floor. 5 rooms are currently available.
Ms. Leveuleux Christelle will take over the establishment in October 2019.
Air view of part of the village
The Bricy Air Base 123
The Bricy Air Base 123 was opened in 1933, it is devoted to air military transport.
It shelters C160 transalls and C130 Hercules.
The new A 400 M has just arrived on the base.
Coat of Arms of Boulay les Barres.